Marlene Dietrich, Pixie.

Well, if you want to hear what I sound like when I'm trying desperately to evoke Marlene Dietrich in The Blue Angel (but more likely approaching Madeline Kahn in Blazing Saddles,) click here and download Episode 5 of the Frank Black.net podcast, and listen carefully as, late in the podcast, I und mine liebchen und mine friends attempt to transport you to some disgusting hovel in Berlin, 1932, populated by a bunch of absinthe-sipping degenerates, whilst crooning a cover of the Pixies' Mr. Grieves under the name Leidergeist.

No, really.

You should know that Sammy was only about three months old while we were recording this in a basement studio, and we didn't have a sitter that day, so, yes, I was in the process of nursing him while belting out "Do You Haff Another Opinion?!?!?!?!?" It was the only way I could guarantee he would shut up for the whole take. If he had another opinion, he was too busy to voice it.

Comments

Popular Posts