No, I guess I won't talk about the game, which was pretty disappointing as usual. It's like they run out of gas by the third quarter and Monday's game was no exception. So let's do this: a quick rundown of the music they play when somebody hits a shot:
- Yi: "Sweet Emotion." I guess this is supposed to get people to go "Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii emotion." Actually, when he shoots a long shot, everybody goes "YIIIIIIIII" and "wooo!" if it actually sinks.
- Royal Ivey: Some hip hop tune I'm not familiar with (actually, I have to admit that I'm not as familiar with most hip hop) that features Samuel L. Jackson's line from Pulp Fiction, "Royale with Cheese." Brian and I think that we started this, because every time he hit a shot, we'd go Royal! With Cheese! Fairly loudly, too.
- Bogut: "Land Down Under" from Men at Work. Ugh. Did anybody-- especially from Austrailia -- ever really like this song? Does Bogut?
- Desmond Mason: Theme from "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly." Now that's worth hitting a shot for.
- Michael Redd: "Whoop! There it is!"
- Mo Williams: No music lately. They used to do some hip hop tune that went, "Mo! Mo! Mo!" but that went away for some reason.
- Charlie Bell: At least it's not "Ring my Bell" anymore. Now it's AC/Dc's "Hell's Bells." I bet Bogut is jealous -- I mean, AC/Dc are a bunch of Aussies and all. How come Bell gets "Hell's Bells" and Bogut just gets stuck with a Vegemite sandwich?
Maybe for kicks, I'll try to come up with alternative selections.